To request Affiliate Event Space, please click here.
Approved Exhibitor Sponsored Events
ATC prohibits any affiliate social or satellite symposium from being held in the headquarters hotels, Marriott Philadelphia Downtown, Loews Philadelphia Hotel, and/or the Philadelphia Convention Center by any company that is not a supporter of the ASTS at the Founderâ€™s and Benefactorâ€™s Circle or the AST at the Gold or Platinum levels. Companies that support at the above mentioned levels are given a designated evening to hold a scientific and/or social event. Only those events may be publicized and /or promoted in the meeting program or outside their exhibit booth in the headquarters hotels and the Convention Center.
Affiliate events are small meetings or functions that include no more than 100 ATC attendees and are not planned or sponsored by the ATC. They include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Social Events: Receptions, dinners, etc, where there is no educational programming.
- University Alumni Events: Social events organized, sponsored, and financially supported by a university.
- Hospitality Suites: For the sole purpose of providing attendees with business applications, which could include one-on-one meetings, telephone services, fax machines, etc. They may not include education or social activity.
- Investigator Meetings: Sponsored and financially supported by a pharmaceutical/biotech organization, academic center, non-profit organization or consortium.
- Committee Meetings: Small meetings not sponsored by industry, held by committees, task forces, boards of universities or other non-profit organizations.
- Staff Meetings: Meetings of exhibitor staff only. Staff meetings may not include scientific session attendees.
Any company submitting an application to hold an affiliate event must be an exhibitor at the ATC, with the exception of universities and non-profit organizations. The ATC will not approve any application for an affiliate supported by industry without an approved exhibit application. Approval will be based on the regulations outlined. To request Affiliate Event Space, please click here. Affiliate events may not be held during the restricted times listed below. All restricted times are reserved for the ATC scientific program.
Affiliate Event Times:
DATES RESTRICTED TIMES APPROVED TIMES
Friday, April 29 All day â€“ space permitting*
Saturday, April 30: 12:00 noon â€“ 2:00 pm; 7:30 pm -11:00 pm*
Sunday â€“ Tuesday, May 1 â€“ May 3: 12:30 pm â€“ 2:00 pm; 6:30 pm â€“ 11:00 pm*
Wednesday, May 4: 12:30 pm â€“ and beyond*
*Only for small meetings â€“ no space will be released for meetings greater than 150. Meetings over 150 are considered symposiums and subject to additional fees and program submission.
Please Note: Time restrictions do not apply to the following types of events, as specifically defined above:
- Committee Meetings Not Sponsored by Industry
- Staff Meetings
- Hospitality Suites
Transportation Procedure for Outside Events
The ATC controls all available boarding space at the Marriott Philadelphia Downtown, Loews Philadelphia Hotel, and/or the Philadelphia Convention Center. Organizations providing transportation to or from the Convention Center and the headquarter hotels must contact the ATC Exhibit Manager, Robin Geary, at 856-793-0804 no later than March 5, 2011 to secure bus boarding approval and location. Only approved events as outlined in this Prospectus may use the Marriott Philadelphia Downtown, Loews Philadelphia Hotel, and/or the Philadelphia Convention Center for busing to outside events.
All affiliate/exhibitor events must be held in compliance with all guidelines and codes regarding the relationship between pharmaceutical and medical device/equipment industry and healthcare professionals. Anyone involved in an affiliate/exhibitor event agrees to observe ATC rules and regulations. All exhibitors are responsible for ensuring that their company representatives and/or agents adhere to all rules and regulations outlined herein and throughout the Exhibit Prospectus. Any violations will jeopardize future exhibiting status. If an affiliate/exhibitor event is found to have violated ATC rules and regulations, the sponsoring organization, the supporting organization and the organizer of the event will be prohibited from holding an affiliate/exhibitor event the following year.